TEA ROOM - PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT 2016
Wednesday 2 March 2016 at 7pm in The Cranston
The Club Council have been in negotiations with two members who have a plan to develop the downstairs Tea Room into a "New Cafe" that will sell fresh food, locally sourced and produced to members, guests, parents, visitors and non-members.
They would divide the Tea Room into two separate rooms. The "New Cafe" taking 60% of the space that they would pay rent on, leaving 40% to accommodate the new "Club Room" for cricket, hockey, squash and tennis teas and for any other club activities, that it is presently used for, such as Table Tennis, Jujitsu and occasional meetings.
Importantly they would pay for the building work and kitchen upgrade, amounting to £25-30k. We would then upgrade the new smaller "Club Room", with a smaller budget, to be approved by an EGM.
There will be certain building and refurbishment costs such as in relation to the new "Club Room" and structural changes to the downstairs area that the Club will need to incur. It is still to be ascertained how much those overall costs will be and agreed as to how much of those costs will be met by the "New Café" and how much will need to be borne by the Club. However , the sum to be expended by the Club is likely to be in the thousands of pounds and require an EGM approval
This would leave us with potentially two good sized rooms, one as the "New Cafe" that would pay us a rent for the use of the space as a Cafe, open to members and non-members. The new "Club Room" would be big enough to seat up to 50 people for various team teas and the present Arthur Ashwell bar that would be converted back to a small kitchen for members to use, such as Riff Raff tennis for evening meals or any other groups, independent of the "New Cafe"
This is Bath CC and although this would not be the exact design...
The Club would up-grade the new smaller "Club Room" to include:
The "New Cafe" would offer members, guests, parents, visitors and non-members:
...the standard and contemporary style would be similar.
Importantly the "New Cafe" would pay for the following:
These pictures are from Okells Garden Centre, and this is also a similar style and design the "New Cafe" would aspire too.
The Club Council have listened and talked to all the sections and other groups and individuals to try and find out the concerns that members might have. We have listed the ones that we feel are relevant:
List of advantages that the members + club would gain:
List of main concerns that have been raised by members so far;
Please come along to the meeting on Wednesday 2 March 2016 at 7pm, where Council will present the proposal and listen to any concerns and hopefully answer most of them!
If you have any concerns you would like to raise beforehand, please contact me:
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
home: 0151 327 8101