Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I top up my card / club account?
To top up your card / club account remotely, fill in the form on this page - and you will be given instructions.
2. Do I need to hand over my card to staff to buy food & drink?
No. Once you have topped up your club account and provided us with your contact number, you simply order drinks through WhatsApp and your account will be debited. If you are seated on the balcony, all drinks will be ordered and delivered via table service. Your account will be debited for the amount of your bill.
3. How do I know what my balance is?
Each time you purchase drinks or food, you will be provided with a receipt at the collection point which will show the cost of your round along with your remaining balance. If you want to know your balance before you come to the club, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office / bar and someone will be able to tell you the balance of your account.
4. Will there be opportunity to top up my club account on the day?
There will be opportunities on the day to top up your card. Simply speak to a member of staff.
5. How long does it take between transferring money to topping up my account?
If you wish to top up your club account before the weekend, you will have to have sent the money before 3pm on a Friday. After this time you will have to top up your account in person at the club. Any application to top up your account online after this time will likely not be dealt with until the following Monday.
6. Will you deliver drinks to my table?
If you are sat outside your drinks will be poured and placed in a clearly marked collection area. Your receipt with your name on will be with your drinks. If you are on the balcony, drinks will be served to your table.
7. If I am sat outside, how will you know when I order my drinks?
The WhatsApp ordering system will only be in use for those sat outside.
8. Do I need to bring my empty glass back to the bar?
No. The bar will not be used at all. There will be a glass collection drop off table outside where you can return your empty glasses. We would very much appreciate if you would return your empty glasses to this area.
9. Will there be bins available for my rubbish?
Yes. Outside there will be black bins around for general rubbish and blue bins specifically for bottles. All litter must be placed in these bins to keep our staff safe.
10. If I am not a member or have no money in my club account, can I pay for drinks with a contactless card or cash?
We can not accept cash, however we will now be accepting contactless payment. The only way to qualify for members discount is by purchasing drinks using a prepaid club card.
11. Will the toilets be open in the club house?
Yes. There is a one way system operating in and around the club and the number of people in the toilets will be restricted. All members & guests will have to sanitise their hands before coming in to the clubhouse to use the toilets.
12. Do I have to reserve a table to sit inside (once inside seating returns)?
Pre-Booking a table is advisable, especially on the weekend. We do accept walk-ins but there may be a wait for a table to become available. You can book a table here.
13. Can I book a table to sit with friends?
Yes, up to 6 people or 2 households.
14. Are the balcony tables classed as inside or outside in respect of restrictions on numbers?
Balcony tables are classed as outdoor therefore can be reserved for up to 6 people. If you are booking a balcony table for more than 2 households, please state this on you table booking in the comments.
15. Can I sit inside the Cranston in sport clothing after I finish playing (once inside seating returns)?
No. We kindly ask that you bring a change of shirt etc if you wish to sit inside the Cranston after you have played. If you have pre-booked, we will allow you on the balcony after playing as these tables are classed as outside. We are sure most people will change out of respect for themselves and others in attendance.